Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sundays tend to me non-sewing days

Well I didn't sew again today...I did laundry, cleaned up around the house and now I am cooking dinner. We are having Easy Skillet Chili Mac.


Easy Skillet Chili Mac

½ cup chopped onion
1 lb lean ground beef
8 ounces elbow macaroni (2 cups)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, undrained
1 large can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 t. chili powder
1 t. salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (Can substitute American Cheese slices)

In a large skillet, brown onion with ground beef. Add macaroni, kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, chili powder and salt. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Add 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese; cover and continue to heat until cheese is melted.



This is what we are having for dinner tonight because it is quick and easy…if you have any recipes you think I would like, please send them my way…I am trying to eat healthier and at home more. This meal isn’t healthier but it isn’t the worst thing for me.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds so nummy I printed it out already. I need to start eating healthier too and more here at home. I am also looking for quick meals since working all day I sure don't have the patience to come home and take hours to cook.

butrfly2200 said...

This sounds like a good and easy meal to make. I'm always looking for those. Thanks for posting it.
I may even try it tonight.
:) Carol

Kristie said...

Sounds GREAT!!! I think I will have to try this one. I am always looking for easy recipes!
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Maureen,
That sounds like a good quick meal.
I have two that you might like...The first one is Lemon Chicken with Thyme... I usually make this with rice and steamed broccoli. It can be found at the below link.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lemon-Thyme-Chicken/Detail.aspx

I also have a 'quick' chicken one where I just dust the boneless,skinless chicken breast with flour and pan fry in a little bit of olive oil until cooked through. Remove from the pan, add 1/4 cup of either lemon or lime juice with some of the zest and 1/4 cup of water into the pan and bring to a boil, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add a tablespoon or two of butter to the sauce. Serve over chicken and rice. You could also omit the sauce and instead cover with warmed spaghetti sauce and cheese for a chicken parm.
Hope that helps!
Deb

Maureen said...

Deb - Thanks for the recipes I will have to try both of them!

Maureen

Moneik said...

Maureen,
This was a really good recipe. I made it last night after work. It was fast and I had all the ingredients on hand which is my kind of recipe! Thanks so much for sharing. I can tell it's a good recipe I'll be making again when Paul goes back for 2nd's! He went back for 3rds last night!! Thanks again.