Monday, September 10, 2007

Ohh no I am home again - allergies

Monday, September 10, 2007 - Ohh no I am home again - allergies

I can't believe this I am home again because of my allergies. My insurance company will not pay for the new kind and I found out late on Friday. Now my doctor has to file a request for me to get the pills. Lucky me they had a sample of Clarinex D that they could bring over to the office close to my home and work. So I found out this morning that I could pick the pills up at 1:30 PM. I had to take my steroid for my eyes and my inhaler for my lungs. Well it started to get better and then another person with heavy perfume walked by and I just could not breath very well. I couldn't use the inhaler again because I am to use it every 4 hours not every hour. After weezing for about a half an hour I called my boss and said I needed to go home I can't be exposed to all this perfume, etc. without any medication. So off I go home. Now an hour later I can pick up the new prescription. I went to the allergists office and I am told to wait she can't find the sample. Ohh noo I am thinking someone left it at the Mayfair office which is half an hour away in mall tower. The guy who is ahead of me is wearing enough cologne to knock me out just about. I am about to start weezing again when she says ohh here is your sample. Okay I take the sample and run for fresh air. Now I am home with a big glass of water as it has a decongestant and the allergy medicaiton. I am also very tired so I am going to take a nap but this has been a nightmare. Why do insurance companies deny us a prescription that we need? Why do they tell us that another product will work when you have used it in your past and it doesn't work. Ohh I am just not happy and feeling miserable. Why do I have to be allergic to everything? And I mean just about everything.

Well I am going to go to take a nap and I am sure Emma will too. She is just happy I am home.

Comments

Monday, September 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by ThisOldQuilt
I'm allergic to the earth, sun and the sky too. I hope you get some meds that work.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - Allergies
Posted by Anonymous
Boy, I know what you mean about allergies, meds, ins. companies, and perfume/cologne. I used to take Claritin D and it quit working for me, I switched to Clarinex which works a lot better. Ins. co. quit covering it when Claritin D went over the counter and told me to use it. My dr. had to send them a letter explaining that I had used all the other meds and that I needed the Clarinex. They finally approved it. My husband, girls and I were having dinner out one night and a woman came in and sat down 2 booths away from us. Her perfume was so strong I could TASTE it. Of course I got an instant migraine and we left the restaurant, but not before telling the manager and making a rude comment as I passed her table. I don't like to do that but I don't like to taste perfume either. Yuck! Hope you are feeling better soon. If you get lots of pressure from your sinuses which makes your face and ears hurt, try putting a very small amout of IcyHot on your forehead, temples and around your ears. Be sure not to get it too close to your eyes. It will reduce the inflamation and help clear your sinuses. I've been known, in desperate times, to put a tiny dab on my cheekbones too. I'd try a small amount in one area first before putting it all over because if you have sensitive skin, it'll burn the fire out of it. HTH Nikki

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt

I hope you are feeling some relief by now. Take care! Michelle
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I really hope you are feeling better. Allergies can be so miserable. Rest up and maybe you will feel better. Kristie

No comments: