Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yum

Okay...I feel like I am often taking about food...I made the Tuscan Turkey Sausage Stew tonight with bread sticks, again. Jen and Cindy asked when I was going to post the recipe. I did get it out of a cookbook but I did change two ingredients and I deleted one so here it is...

Tuscan Turkey Sausage Stew
1 pkg (has 5 sausages) Jenn-O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, cook according to pkg.
2 pkg sliced mushrooms (smaller container)
2 medium zucchini,diced
2 - 15 1/2 oz. can cannellini (white kidney beans) beans, rinsed and drained
2 - 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onion
1 - 15 1/2 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 - 4 cups baby spinach or baby arugula

Spray large nonstick pot with nonstick spray and cook the sausages according to directions on pkg. Take the sausages out and slice them. Respray large nonstick pot with nonstick spray; set over high heat. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until the sausages and vegetables are lightly browned - approx. 6 minutes.

Stir in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water; bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, approx. 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the spinach or arugula until it wilts - approx. 1 minute.

If you like you can add 4 t. chopped fresh rosemary. I don't add this so I know it tastes okay without it.

My husband really likes this recipe the second day...it thickens up and the flavors meld together.

I hope it is okay that I posted it. If there is a problem with it, please tell me and I will remove this post!

I was going to cut strips tonight for my Saturday class but I just don't feel like it. I also have a sink full of dishes which I don't want to do. I have a living room to straighten and again I don't want to do it. I wish the magic cleaning fairy would stop at my house and poof it would be perfect and everything in it's place.

Hoping you an evening filled with fun and enjoyment. I may not be quilting but my husband and I are going to watch a movie.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds sooooo good!!! I will have to print this out and try it. Always looking for something new to cook.

Hope you and hubby enjoy your evening. That is one of the reasons that I look so forward to the weekends, we are all home together. It gets lonely sometimes being home by myself of a day.
Kristie

Cindy said...

Ok the recipe made my mouth water. I just might have to give it a try. Do you think I could cut the recipe in half since it's just me.

Michelle said...

Sounds yummy, Maureen, and I don't even like to cook!

Hope your movie was wonderful and you and Mark enjoyed some quality time together.
Michelle

butrfly2200 said...

recipe sounds good I've copied it for my book. Maybe some day soon I'll try it. I'm better at collecting recipes then getting around to using them but you never know.
Thanks.
;) Carol

Jen said...

That sounds good; but probably not something MIke will like. Hmmmm, I'll have to make it and see.

Mom and I are going to go out to Frank's tonight; are you interested in meeting us there? Maybe there could be dessert involved somewhere?