Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I am sooo excited

I bought a kit at the Madison Quilt Expo for the pattern Take 5. Here is how it works according to the pattern:
  • Take 5 minutes
  • Choose 5 fabrics
  • And in 5 hours you've made this fantastic quilt!

Well I hope it is that easy...anyways I bought the kit which is blue and white flannels and chenilles. Ohh it is soooo soft...I just loved the sample that I had to have it...you know how quilters love to touch their fabric...well anyways I'm not even to the good part yet...the backing fabric was blue with mugs on it...ADORABLE. Well they did not have any of the fabric there and it takes 4 yards for the backing, guess what came in the mail today! It is so pretty. I am going to have to figure out how to get pictures of my fabric...my camera isn't the greatest for pictures inside the house.

That is why I am sooo excited.

7 comments:

teresa said...

Awesome! Sounds really nice, hope you get the pictures up! Can't wait to see!

Michelle said...

Hi Maureen!

Moneik said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like. Sounds like it is going to be really cool!

Jen said...

I can't wait to see pictures. I think you need to start taking pictures whether the color is good or not. Just think...we'll be able to quilt this on my quilter!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Yeah!! I love when fabric comes in the mail! It's such a surprise sometimes! Have fun with it!

Cindy said...

Wow that fabric came really quick. It's all so soft and pretty I can't wait to see it made into the quilt. I think I have to give that technique a try. I really like the idea of using flannels and the soft cheneele in one quilt.

butrfly2200 said...

Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see this one. Maybe you could take pictures as you sew.
;)Carol