Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here's Emma

I can't believe it I finally figured out how to add pictures. I have them on a CD and I added them to the blogger site by clicking on the little picture icon.

This is a recent picture of Emma in her natural habitat...her house. We don't own the house she thinks she does. She also thinks she owns everything in the house.

Well I didn't think I was going to add another posting tonight but I was so proud of the fact that I was able to post the pictures that here I am posting away.

Anytime I can write about Emma I seem to be able to fill up pages. She really has been wonderful for both my husband, Mark and myself.

In fact here is a picture of Mark and Emma. (Do you think he likes her? - yeah he seems pretty content holding her. This picture was taken approx. last year in October. That is my guess..the window is open behind Mark but he is wearing a sweatshirt. She also has a recent haircut because she is shaved down and we do that only three times a year. Her hair used to grow quite quickly. In this picture we got her an English Springer Spaniel cut. The next cut she got was a hunter's cut and they shave everything including her really pretty ear hair. She was not too happy with us for that hair cut...luckily Mark took her for the hunter's cut haircut.




This is one of Emma's first tricks that she learned when we took her to puppy training...to jump through the hoop. Mark taught it to her. We needed to have her learn one trick that we taught her using the techniques that we learned in class. Well Emma learned to sit, lay down...come, and stay well those are optional to her. We still work on it but it is hard. She knows down/off when she is jumping up but if she gets excited well as Jen will tell you Emma forgets that command too! Jen was fine with it as she is a dog person! Lucky for Emma! In this picture she is jumping through a hoop that is being help straight out from my husband at shoulder height. She gets really good air sometimes and flies through the hoop. You would think that she would run and jump through the hoop but she doesn't, she springs from the floor through the hoop! Amazing.






Finally this is a picture of Emma and my brother's dog Sadie when Emma was pretty young. I think she was about 5 months or so in this picture. Sadie had just been playing catch with her ball and bringing it to my brother. Emma tried to copy everything Sadie did but only for example smaller loops of the yard. Hence why she is laying right by Sadie. Mark or I are holding the leash because we weren't totally sure how Sadie would take to Emma. She tolerates her even to this day and Emma trots along behind to see what Sadie is doing.

Hope you enjoy the pictures of my girls!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Maureen! You did it!!! Nice pictures. It was nice 'meeting' your family! Thanks!

teresa said...

woo-hoo! Great photos!
http://loftyquilter.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

I'm soooo proud of you!!!!!

Kristie said...

I love your Emma, she is sooooo cute! I really like the photo where she is jumping. That is just so cool. I got your fabric charms today, I love the fabrics. Oh, and my sister mailed out your Santa patterns. I kept forgetting to mail them so I sent them by her.
Kristie

dohaquilter said...

Great to see your pictures of Emma. We have a springer spaniel (Barney) who is now 15 years old. He has been such a faithful, loving dog for those 15 years and although old now, nearly blind and deaf he always has a welcome when you come home. We shall miss him when he is gone. I am trying to move my blog over but just haven't found the time yet. Will try over the weekend and get some more pictures out.
Dohaquilter

Cindy Larson said...

Hi Emma,
Just popped over to say "Hi" from myquiltblog.com. You were on my friends list :0) I post here too under mylifesamarathon. But it started out as knit blog, then I found myquiltblog and those great ladies. So I don't post here very much as time hardly allows me to post over there. As I can see from your blog, you completely understand. I love your dogs, too! :0)
Cindy