Saturday, September 29, 2007

Not Much Quilting Going On

Well I had to take all of my stuff upstairs and put it in the quilting room. I was spread out on our first floor and was working on blocks down here. Well Mark wants to tear out the carpeting tomorrow so I took everything upstairs last night.

I was at my Mom's birthday party today at my brother's house. I made a homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I think everyone likes the frosting the best. Terry, my sister-in-law made Chicken Enchiladas...YUM!

I was going to go to Weight Watchers this morning but instead I slept in. I really need to get back on track....does anyone have any tips...I love fast food and ice cream...both do me in every time. Last time I was on Weight Watchers I lost 30 lbs. I gained it all back so I really need to buckle down. I know I can do it I just can't convince myself to get started. I keep saying to myself I will start tomorrow. I also get depressed thinking about how much I have to lose...there is not a picture of me on my website because I don't like how I look. Okay enough of my feeling sorry for myself when I created my own mess.

I looked at a couple of my projects tonight and I hope to get some started tomorrow. I also have to do laundry. I really do not like cleaning or laundry...it just cuts into my quilting time. I can't believe how many projects I have started. I didn't count and am afraid to. I have them hidden all over the quilt room. Some are in bags...some are piled together, some are in a tin...it is mind boggling how all these started tops multiply like rabbits. Where do they come from and when did I have the time to start all of them. Tomorrow I am hoping to work on picking out some more of the fabrics for my egg money quilt. I just feel like my days slide by. I have been so tired and my planters faciatis is just horrible lately.

I want to start working on the furniture for my quilt room but again I just haven't had time. Ohh well I'll just add that to my to do list which is getting longer by the minute. I also have to work on a mess in my kitchen tomorrow. Ohh how the day goes so quickly when you are having fun. Any ideas on how to get all this done esp all the projects that are started?

3 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

{{HUGS}} to you!! I know what you are going through with the weight! I think what did it for me was that I kept buying bigger pants and, eventually, I was going to have to go up another size and I couldn't handle that. Since you have done Weight Watchers before, you know the principles and you kow that it works, you just need to get yourself in the mindset of working the program. Good luck!! You can do it!

butrfly2200 said...

With the p.f. has your doctor given you any cream to apply.
I used diclofenac cream, I think it was 4% and did exercises every morning before I got out of bed.
Rotate your ankle up and down and in a circle several times before moving in the morning before getting out of bed or anytime you have been stationary for a while.
I haven't had a flairup in a long time. It seems to help.
:) Carol

Jen said...

Ok, maybe we need to do this WW thing together. I keep putting it off too. I warn you though, I get obnoxiously anal retentive about it.

I think you need to have us over to help you with your room. I know you want new furniture but maybe we can get you organized with what you've got for right now.

As far as the UFO's, I don't know. Are they things you've given up on or do hope to finish? If finishing them is something you do want to do, maybe knowing I have a frame you can throw stuff on will make you go quicker. Speaking of that..we should do Mark's MOm's quilt on it.