Friday, September 21, 2007

More pictures of Emma and my trip to Frank's Sewing Center



One of my favorite things in life is my dog Emma. She brings me so much joy and happiness. Right now as I write this blog entry she is laying on the living room floor by one of my bins of fabric chewing on her Nylabone. We try to encourage her to do this because it keeps her teeth pearly white and she was really interested in one of Mark's socks sooo rather than have her eat a sock...which she would do if allowed I took the sock away and am encouraging bone chewing. I did put the sock in the laundry room so she won't be able to get it but who knows with Emma. The two pictures on the left are when I took Emma to the dog park.


She really enjoyed hunting in the long grass and sniffing the many smells available at the dog park. She has never hunted in long grass before so another springer named Bailey showed her how. Bailey is quite good at it and she had no problem diving right on in the tall grass. Emma wasn't quite so sure on that day if it was something she wanted to do but as you can see she figured it out really quickly.

Some of Emma's most memorable times occurred when she was a puppy. When we first got her, we bought her a wading pool. For her first birthday,
we bought her a second wading pool as we got rid of the first one. As you can see she really liked her swimming pool. Even though she is faced away from the camera you can see she was really enjoying her pool. She used to try to dig her way out of the pool...very funny to watch.
What do you think of the pool picture? All I can think is she was soo darn cute when she was a puppy. She still is cute but puppies are sooo cute!!!
Well I received an e-mail from Jen telling me she was going to the sale at Frank's Sewing Center and did I want to join her and her mom...well I called Jen on her cell phone and asked when they were going. They were on their way so of course I met them up there. I had to take Jen's challenge and go to Frank's and try to figure out which ones were hers...we will see if I am right...I sent her an e-mail with the answers so I done with that task I set for myself. Anyways with the sale I wanted to buy some jelly rolls but they sold out of all the jelly rolls by the time we got there. I did buy four charm packs...two of them in the tins and the other two are seasonal...one is Halloween and the other is Christmas fabric.
At the Madison Quilt Expo we saw a lot of quilts with crystals attached to them. Well I just had to have one when I saw they were on sale at Frank's and of course I had to buy crystals. I think this is going to be a whole new area of purchases. I also bought three patterns...two use charm squares and the other one uses a jelly roll. Needless to say I did well in purchasing stuff tonight.
Wendy was at Frank's working and I asked her if I could use 2 1/2" strips for tomorrow's class instead of 2" strips...she said yes so I was off to raid my poker strips for class tomorrow. I only had to cut two gray fabrics and one of my favorite floral. I put all the stuff in my new Quilt in a Day backpack to find that the left pocket the zipper doesn't work...how annoying. The first one I picked up had a small hole in the bottom. Anyways everything I need is packed up. We are supposed to come home with a binder full of ideas. I know a lot about color and have taken a Jinny Beyers color course in Rosemont at the International Quilt Show but I just want to take this for fun! I like to see what others have to say on various topics and Wendy is such a good teacher ... so I really like to take classes from her.
Well I should get ready for bed soon...I am rather tired and my feet are hurting again...I really don't like having plantars faciatis. Take care and I hope everyone gets a chance to quilt this weekend. I need to look for some batiks for my Egg Money Quilt so I can start that.




2 comments:

Kristie said...

I just love seeing photos of your Emma! She is sooooo cute! I love the one of her in the tall grass. So cute!

Sounds like you had fun at Franks. Can't wait to see what all you make with your purchases.

I noticed at a quilt show that I went to in early Spring that they were putting the crystals on the quilts. I think they are pretty, but would probaly put them on something that I wasn't going to use on my bed, like a wallhanging or special quilt. But they sure do look nice on them.
Kristie

Jen said...

I can't wait to put my crystals onto a purse or a wall hanging. I just think it would look soooo cool. Watch, I'll put too many on and it will look craptastic!

I LOVE that first picture of Emma!!