Sunday, September 23, 2007

Color Confidence Class

I went to a Color Confidence class for Quilters yesterday at WCTC (Waukesha County Technical College). It's not that I needed a confidence class for color I just know the teacher and I wanted to take the class for fun. Boy was it fun...we got to play using squares of color and making 9 patches by gluing fabric squares to paper. We started by looking at the color wheel and discussing primary colors vs. complementary colors, vs. triad colors, etc. We then looked at various quilts and discussed how color works in each of these quilts. Then we went and played on the Internet and then EQ5. After we were done with that we went back and started to make a fabric postcard using the concepts we learned in class. It was a fun filled class and we even did group projects.

By the end of the class my brain was tired and I didn't want to quilt last night. Today I cleaned some of our house...yesterday was laundry. Needless to say not a fun time but something that needed to be done. Hopefully everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying the weather.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a good time in your class. You should take pictures of your samples!! We wanna see!! And, don't give me that line about your camera making things odd colors; we'd rather see odd than not at all. =)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

The class sounds like fun! I probably need to take a class like that!