Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Allergies Strike Again

Okay I am home early today because my allergies have struck again. This time I have the start of hives all over me. I itch everyplace...my scalp, my eyelids, my mouth, my hands and feet...you get the idea. I called the doctor's office because Clarinex D had been working for me but I only had samples and well they had run out...my insurance company denied my doctor's request to make an exception...well now the doctor has to write a letter to the national board stating that I am miserable and how today has been just well MISERABLE!!!!

I took Claritin D which the insurance company says should work but well obviously it doesn't. They also suggested Alavert which does not have a decongestant and is the same as Claritin...don't they get it - IT DOES NOT WORK!!! Okay I am sorry to complain but I really need to vent about this. I pay for my insurance and now they can override a doctor and say I can't have Clarinex D but Claritin D should work. I just am furious that here I sit itching everyplace and the medication that works well they won't cover it and it's $90 a month...well that's about 9 yards of fabric there and well my doctor has tried everything else. I am at the bottom of the barrel of allergy medications. When this doesn't work anymore he doesn't know what we are going to do. I just am so mad at the insurance company.

Well I am starting to get sleepy...when I was at the doctor's office they said I could take a Clarinex D but that the combination of that and Claritin D would make me VERY sleepy. Okay I should stop ranting now and take a nap. Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Maureen,
I hope they come up with a solution soon for you, and that you are feeling better.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Insurance companies SUCK!! I worked for Anthem and while there, they wouldn't cover Zyrtec which was the only thing that worked for me. They didn't understand why I needed time off in the spring and the fall because of their idiotic policies. Luckily, once I moved into my condo, my allergies calmed a bit and we realized it was because my apartment was infested with mold or something from leaks. I haven't needed much allergy meds in about 5 years.

Good luck with the insurance co. Hope you feel better!

Jen said...

This just sucks...but then again you know that cause I told you yesterday!!