Saturday, October 6, 2007

Ohh Today did not go as I planned

I had the day all planned out. I would go to Weight Watchers and then the post office. Then Jen called and invited me to go to Ben Franklin in Oconomowoc and I decided to go to the post office first and then to Weight Watchers. Well I got out to my car and then next thing you know my car won't start. Okay wait a minute or two and try again ...again nothing. So I go inside to call Jen and tell her I won't be able to go because the car won't start.

My neighbor comes over and needs a tool from our garage so I go outside and when happens the lock spins and spins and the door won't open...ohh no how am I going to get in. I try the handle and wiggle it and turn the lock...give it one last try and amazing it opens. Now I am embarrassed because the garage is such a mess. So I say I am sorry and open the garage door so we can go in that way.

Next I decide to vacuum the kitchen, living room and bathroom. I vacuum up a metal tool so I have to take the vacuum apart...so I start to vacuum and now I have a clothes pin that is now somewhere in the vacuum so I have to take it apart a second time. By now I am figuring I should just give up. I continue and finish without any other problems with the vacuum that is.

Now my husband comes home and the car starts up for him...just like that. Why...I had so much I wanted to do. I also wanted to get a couple of outfits for work and I wanted to get some mums and asters for the front yard and perhaps a scarecrow from Joanne's to decorate the yard. I had hoped my husband and I would be able to rip the carpeting out...well of course that isn't happening. He is still outside helping his brother with his car. I want to do a load of laundry as I won't be home but as Amelia is falling asleep on my couch I just can't start my washer which is falling apart and loud. Amelia is five and the washer is three. It should not sound like it is going to take off but it does so so much for that idea.

There was other stuff on my agenda but I just didn't get to it either. I wanted to get stuff ready for tomorrow and going to Frank's Sewing Center for a sewing day but again it didn't happen. I was going to do the dishes and go to the grocery store but again it just didn't happen. I am going to get up off this couch as soon as I post this and pick up the crayons and coloring books I used with the kids.

Hopefully it will be bedtime for me in about half an hour. Hope you are all having a better weekend than I am. :-)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry you're having such a crappy weekend. Hopefully today and sewing will be happy and relaxing!!!

teresa said...

sorry you had such a hectic weekend, cheer up, tomorrow is a brand new day!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Well, I hope that you were able to get to Frnaks on Sunday with Jen and Cindy and that your weekend started looking up!

Kristie said...

Don't you just hate when things don't go as planned. I hope things are better now. How has your sewing going along??? And your retreat???
Kristie