Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year and All that Jazz!!!

Wow it's the New Year....where did the last one go? I think I blinked and it was Christmas. I also looked at so many of my friends blogs and could not believe how much they got done in one month...I am a lazy quilter! I am also having a pity party for myself today as I have a cold.

I was fine last night and woke up with a full blown cold...I was going to go to Weight Watcher (one of my promises to myself is this year I will eat better!) WW is not a diet - I know it works I lost 30 lbs. My problem is I gained all 30 back when I went off of WW because I love food. I like to think I have a relationship with food - crazy but true. I am going to try not to be an emotional eater. Okay so I got up and went into the ladies room...Emma the crazy dog went up on the dresser next to my bed and took my roll of Vitamin C tablets and took off. I was in the process of washing my hands so I took off after her. By the time I got downstairs well she had the packaging ripped apart and one Vitamin C tablet on the floor ready for hoovering! So I have to stick my hand in her mouth to remove said hoovered tablet as I don't want her eating it....well out comes the tablet and the rest of the roll that are still in her mouth. I wash my hands AGAIN and now I have to give her, her morning pill. Okay I think to myself this is doable. Now I give her her pill which is the size of a quarter and I have to push it to the back of her throat so she must swallow it! Okay AGAIN I wash my hands. Now I go get dressed and come downstairs with my pillow - I think I slept for 5 hours total on and off. I have a head cold and my brain is killing me...my sinus is sore and my ears well my ears hurt as does my throat. My lunch was some Chicken and Wild Rice Soup...soothing yes, filling not so much!

Since then I have gone on some websites and read my e-mail. Tracy from Sewthankful has a Blog called Let's get sewing (http://www.sewthankful.com/blog/) and her latest post is titled My New Motto and Challenge: Be Great in 2008! What a great idea! It is to be great at whatever you want.

Let's see what else...ohh yeah Emma is fine the little bit of Vitamin C tablet she ate did nothing to her...she is fine in fact when our mail carrier came she felt right as rain...she was ready to bark and carry on as if she would kill him the whole time wagging her little stump of a tail. What can I say Miss Emma was going to protect me from the postal carrier! I should probably sleep some more or I might watch Harry Potter movies. I tried to read but just couldn't concentrate. Also when I was typing a response on Jen's blog http://cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com/ I was having a hard time typing Plastic Shoe Boxes instead I wrote shoe box plastic is what I kept my scraps in! Okay I know when I should stop and I am about there! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The Vitamin C tablet is not going to hurt her. Holly takes one each day to keep the crystalization out of her urine since she gets bladder infections frequently.