Sunday, January 13, 2008

All Day Quilt Retreat

Yesterday I was at an All Day Quilt Retreat at my friend and Quilting Mentor, Wendy Rieves' church. It was so much fun. We made these chicks...Jen is going to send me a picture and perhaps she is going to post it on her blog! They were so fun and easy to make unlike the quilt below. I had it all pieced, layered and the quilting begun...this is my nephew, Ethan's quilt. It is a really cute quilt and I am glad it is finally done! I finished quilting it and for some reason it took quite a while....it stuck to the bed of my machine, the thread had issues about clinging to the foot and wrapping around other things....all in all it just didn't want to get done...but I persisted. I love the fabric for this quilt and the backing is fun, fun, FUN!





For some reason this quilt waves! I am not sure why and it was suggested that I try steaming it but I just didn't want to do that. I figure it is a kid's quilt and it will be dragged around etc. I might try to steam it over the next few weeks but I am still unsure.

Okay I also got a block done for the BOM...two to go. I did cut out a bunch of 3" squares for a scrappy quilt I am making for my sister-in-law Terry. I know she will like it. It is all 3-dimensional box tie blocks. Needless to say it will take a lot of bow tie squares to make a quilt. I think that is all I got done but it is a lot when you think about all the putzy work that goes into the bow tie blocks. I did get 3 more of those blocks done.

All in all it was a good time...I sat at a table with Jen and really enjoyed myself! Okay the chicks we made were darn cute.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Your quilt looks great, Maureen, and I'm sure your nephew will love it! Glad you had fun at your retreat!

Kristie said...

Your quilt turned out beautiful. I also love the backing, very nice.
Kristie

Moneik said...

I love the quilt Maureen! I'm sure you nephew will love it. Isn't it a good feeling to have it done?

Hazel said...

Retreats are alway fun most of ours are overnights I don't attend them I like my own bad LOL .Gee come to link of it I haven't even been to a class lately , that will never do .
We made a similar chicken a year ago ok I got carried away and made a few ,there all over the house I can't tell by Jens picture if they are the same .Your qiult is beautiful .

Gina said...

I love the fabric for that quilt. I'm sorry that you had so much trouble with it. sometimes it just happens

love and hugs xx

Jen said...

I think it looks fabulous!!!! I had soooo much fun sewing with you!