Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thread Painted Iris




I took this class quite a while ago and had told my Mom that when I finished it she could have it. She is pretty excited about it! I think she even knows where she will put them. I don't know where the left over fabric is to bind the quilt so I think I am going to try to find more or if worse comes to worse I may use black fabric so it will look like a frame.
This quilt was quite fun to make and I really enjoyed thread painting. I would like to try thread painting again. I do have another of these pictures so that I could thread paint a second one and I could then finish it for myself....so in theory this sounds like a good idea but in practice I wonder if it will ever happen! I would love to have one of these for myself but again it's a really nice theory! I have so many other projects out there. Once I finish this one I will have completed about six on my list.
Once I finish quilting some of the other quilts I could bind them while watching TV! Now there is something I really need to do...one of these days I will hopefully get a couple of these done!
Tonight I might work on ironing the pieces for a pie pincushion! I will be making a blueberry pie pincushion. Soon people will think I have a pincushion collection. My friend Sherry made me a cupcake pincushion, another friend Wendy made me two pincushions...one is a tea cup and the other is on a pedestal. I also made some chick pin cushions with Jen at an Open Sew at my friend Wendy's church where there was an open sew day. Once I finish my pie one I will have to round them all up and take a picture of them.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think it turned out soooo nice!

Kristie said...

That is soooooo nice! You did a wonderful job!
Kristie

starrynightquilter said...

That is so beautiful. Good job.