Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Brother's Christmas Present

My brother has been teasing me for years about wanting a quilt. Well for Christmas, I decided that it was about time he got a quilt. I have been quilting for over 8 years and I only made him and his wife a wedding quilt which was a signature quilt. That is a show quilt and not one that they use. His wife received a quilt when she stood up for me. I made all my bridesmaids quilts. I knew I wanted to do a Northwoods theme quilt for my brother. I had started one in flannel and knew that this would be the perfect quilt for my brother.
I gave him his quilt on Christmas Day and he said look a bear, look a moose, look a fish, look a canoe and I said look there's paddles for when you are up the creek. My brother said to his wife that he was going to put it on their bed but it is way too small. I made it so he could use it while watching TV. My brother is 6 foot tall or more so he needs a tall quilt!


As I was leaving he said to me that he wasn't sure if he would use it as the front and back are flannel and it would be awfully hot. I ignored him as only a sister can do and wished him a Merry Christmas. His wife e-mailed that he used it the next day! He loves it. I am so glad. Jen did the quilting on the quilt so that I could finish my Mom's super secret Christmas Quilt. I will put a picture of it on my blog soon...but if you want to see it you can go to Jen's blog where she has a picture.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

That is a lovely quilt! I loved your little joke about the paddles!!! I just love flannel quilts!
Kristie