Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

Wow it has been forever since I last posted but since them I have been quite busy quilting and will be sharing a lot of my projects. I started a UFO Challenge with my quilt guild and there were 60 projects that I own that need to "get done". I have already finished about 5 of them. The one I am the most excited about was my tree skirt. Jen quilted it for me but I finally got it put together, bound and it was under the Christmas tree! I do not have a picture of it but will take one and post it eventually. I am in the process of having my laptop worked on and then I will set it up so I can download my pictures to my laptop. What a new concept! I should have been doing that all along but now that I have had this hard drive fail I will be learning new things again.

I have the ability to go wireless once it comes back so that will be fun. I have to work on the quilt room that I share with my Mom...it's her computer space so we are making room and I still can't see the top of my cutting station. I also need to get my sewing machine set up so I can sew whenever I want.

I challenged myself to try to post once a week so that is my New Year's resolution. I am hoping to keep this one! I think having the laptop up and working will really help.

New Year's Eve I went to my local quilt store and had a great time. I met Jen, Cindy and Linda as well as some other friends there and we sewed the night away. It was great fun and I was productive. I swear that every time I am sewing with Jen I am extremely productive. I picked the binding for a wall hanging, cut it, pieced it, pressed it and sewed it on. Since then I have hand sewn the binding on. I also pieced some blocks for a pieced border and put them together and put the borders on. Both projects turned out really nicely. Again soon there will be pictures of them on my blog!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yippppeeeee welcome back Maureen