Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mom's Christmas Quilt


This is my Mom's Christmas present. She loves it. In fact she used it again tonight. This quilt has gotten so much use since I gave it to her.
I took her to a local quilt store and she saw it there (it was the one that Jen had made as the store sample). Anyways she said how much she loved it and I had to look away before I gave the surprise away-I already had purchased the quilt kit and pattern for Let it Snow. I gave my Mom a quilt years ago and she loved it. She really loves quilts but she is not a quilter. She appreciates all the work that goes into it a quilt!
She did not have any idea that I was working on this quilt at Jen's house. Jen quilted it beautifully so that I could surprise her on Christmas Eve when we open gifts. I was over at Jen's on the pretense that I was finishing my brother's quilt. I was but I also had to get her quilt done.
I have to say I love batiks~my Mom loves them too. Blue is her favorite color so this was the perfect quilt for her. My Dad kept the secret for at least two months. I showed him the pattern and fabric and he said she would love it. Well she did! As a side note, Emma loved it as well! She laid on it the first morning I had it home and I opened it up to show my Dad.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! That is really beautiful! No wonder she loves it! You are really getting alot of quilting done in the last few months!
Kristie

Moneik said...

It is absolutely beautiful! I can see why your mother would love it. Great job keeping the secret.

Jen said...

I think it turned out fantastically!! I can't believe we lkept it a secret!!

Cindy said...

It's beautiful and you did a fantastic job on it. Now I'm jealous that I don't have one.