Sunday, December 2, 2007

Good Day!

Well today we celebrated my Dad's 75th birthday! It was a good day. The roads were a little icy when we headed home but that's okay. It was very nice to see both sides of my family (mom's and dad's). I didn't count but my sister-in-law told me 23+ people were coming over to there house for the party. It wasn't a surprise and we arranged for my sister to call and talk to my dad. My sister lives in Texas and I don't think she would have liked the weather up here this weekend. She complained that it was cold up here when she was up in July.

I made a new recipe and my family went wild....I made Ranch Style Beans...here is the recipe.

Ranch Style Beans

½ lb. Hamburger
½ lb. diced bacon
2 medium onions (I used fewer onions – for a double batch I used 2 large onions)
1 – 16 oz. can of pork and beans
½ c. brown sugar
½ c. Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
1 T. chili powder
1 T. prepared mustard

Brown hamburger, bacon and onions. Drain well and add remaining ingredients. Mix and place into 9 X 13 baking pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Serves: 8
I have been asked to make these for Christmas Day and for Labor Day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the party. You deserve to have a lot of fun!!