Sunday, December 16, 2007

Again....Snow, Snow and More Snow!

Okay I think we got six more inches or more yesterday and last night! It is definitely a day to stay inside and warm, even the pooch agrees. Emma is sitting right next to me on the couch and she is yawning and her head is dropping and her eyes are drooping...get the picture. Now both of us stayed in bed late today...I slept even latter...she came in and woke me up - pretty sad that I could go back to sleep.

Mark raked our roof last night...for those of you who do not know that is a very long metal pole with a metal "blade" on the end and you pull your snow off the roof. I bought this way back when we first owned the house and I worked at a local hardware store that is located in the Midwest. Anyways, while he is outside working on the roof I see a story about a local store having to evacuate because there was so much snow on the roof they were worried about it collapsing. I was paying a little attention but did not catch the name of the store.

Well I tried something new this morning, I entered a HTML button for people to join Wendy's Quilters if they belong to the group. I tried it and it appears to work....YEAH! Jen you should be sooo proud of me.

I need to get to both the grocery store and the other stores as I need to do some Christmas Shopping. I finished part of it yesterday and now I have 8 more people to finish....I really do put this off each year. I used to be done by the beginning of December and have everything wrapped and under the tree....ohh yeah the tree was up...as we won't be entertaining this year I think I am going to skip the tree. I did this one other year and ended up putting a tree up Christmas Eve or the day before. I thought the tree in the church where our apartment was would work for me but no I needed one in out apartment. You see my husband was the care taker of a church downtown and we lived there for caretaker duties and security. So I guess I better get up soon and get started.

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I am proud of you!! You can come and visit my tree. You know, maybe this is the year to get you a festivus pole. You can borrow mine if you'd like. =)

Holly is having a nice time snuggling in bed but then she gets squirley and then wants to go out and play.

It's great that your roof is raked; that's why ours is leaking!

Kristie said...

Oh, I just love snow! We only have flurries here. I wish we would get at least a few inches.

I don't have all of my Christmas shopping done either. Still have several more to go.
Kristie

Michelle said...

Hi Maureen! Long time no hear from, or see! Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

Moneik said...

Good to hear from you Maureen! I'm sure you are all snowed in and sewing! I wish we would get more than a dusting. We are going to put our tree up this week, after I get some much needed sewing done. We cut a fresh cedar from the river breaks yesterday.