Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Getting Closer to Christmas

Well I have half of the presents we are giving all wrapped! Today I made a new Christmas Cookie called Saltine Toffee Cookies. I never would have thought these would taste good but one of the ladies at work made them and I had to have the recipe.

Saltine Toffee Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Saltine Crackers (about one sleeve)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
Pour butter and brown sugar over saltines that have been placed on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 4 - 5 minutes.
Pour chocolate chips on top.
The woman who made them puts them in the freezer for awhile and then she keeps them in the refrigerator.

Tomorrow I will be going over to my Mom's house to make Christmas cookes...this has been an annual tradition since I was a small girl.

This will be a fun day for me...I really enjoy it. Tomorrow night I am going to make a cheese ball to take over to my Mom's on Christmas Eve and one for when we go to Mark's parents. I am also going to a 7-layer salad. I am a little nervous as I am not good at making bacon. I know that sounds silly but that is what is making me nervous.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, forget about making the bacon!There's a product out called Real Bacon. I think it's Oscar Meyer. It is real bacon already cooked and broken up into pieces. You might have to crush it a little smaller!

Have a fabulous day making cookies with you mom.

Moneik said...

Oh that recipe sounds so good. I might have to try some. Have fun with your mom!