Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tonight I tried a new Weight Watchers recipe and I wasn't excited about it...I felt it needed more flavor! Mark said it tasted really good. I made Orange Beef with Broccoli...it uses broccoli slaw. I think next time I will use real broccoli and more orange juice (fresh squeezed!). I squeezed the oranges and zested the orange! I felt like Martha Stewart - LOL!

I have another new recipe I want to make but I am a little unsure so I think we will be having stir fry for dinner tomorrow night. I am hoping I will be able to do some beading tomorrow night.

I was so excited that I was able to help Wendy, Jen, Judy and Tori cut fabric for the next three months of block of the month club at Frank's Sewing Center. I was so glad I got a chance to do some "quilting" related crafting. I have not had a lot of time to quilt...I have a lot of other things that have been taking up my time.

I did follow up with my insurance company today and I am working on setting up my sleep apena test. I am hoping to set it up for next weekend...this weekend I have other plans with my family! I also need to go to have my cholesterol level tested and other blood work as well. Tonight on Biggest Loser they talked about sleep apnea and how weight loss decreases how much you snore, etc. The doctor also explained that blood pressure increases when you have sleep apnea so there is hope that my blood pressure will go down.

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Good luck on the recipes. Let me know if you find any really good ones. I, too, have sleep problems and they say that adds to weight problems. Keep us posted!
Regina

Quilter In Paradise said...

would love to try out recipies you have tried,,, I'm doing weightwatchers, too...
Mimi

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Keep it up on the WW! I saw the Biggest Loser show about the sleep apnea, too. It's worth a shot to lose the weight and see if your BP goes down and the sleep apnea gets some better!