Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lots Has Been Going On...

Wow...I don't even know where to start!

Last week Thursday my husband and I went shopping at Best Buy and used my gift certificates that I got for Christmas...I bought a new digital camera. The new camera is an Olympus Stylus. So far I really like the pictures it takes. Unfortunately on Friday I did not take any pictures when asked because I still haven't learned everything about the camera.

Friday - Well I went to Block of the Month Club at Frank's. Wow the block has a lot of little pieces. Wendy brought this really yummy pizza dip. UMMMMM!!!! My secret sister brought me a lot of fun stuff...candy (3 kinds), a springer spaniel notebook, a Wild Rose charm pack, and an emery board. I would check in the bag to see if I am missing something but Emma is sleeping with her head on my lap. After BOM we went to Mama Mia's for dinner....wow we sure had a great time and a lot of laughs. The girls bought me dinner to celebrate my birthday...believe it or not I didn't see it coming.

Saturday - my sister-in-law Terry and my mom threw a 40th birthday party for me. It was so much fun. There were a ton of people who showed up. Jen and Cindy came and they bought me 40 fat quarters...they are so pretty...I don't know what I will do with the fat quarters yet...after talking to Jen I am thinking a Turning Twenty quilt. If I do that I will need to get more fat quarters...ohhh shopping. Mark gave me a dragon fly necklace and my parents gave me some beautiful earrings. I also got a lot of gift cards...Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Patched Works, Joanne's, etc. I received a really nice frame and several pieces of jewerly. My friend Wendy made me a pin cushion. I also got a really nice bottle of Asti. I know I am missing some gifts like a charm pack and jelly roll...and other stuff. Wow I will have a good time shopping. There was a ton of food...my family (both sides) are great cooks.

Sunday - Well when I finally woke up I went to a sewing day at Frank's. I didn't get much done...in fact I got one square done and I left Sophia there for a cleaning. I should have picked her up today but unfortunately I worked later so I couldn't go get her and tomorrow night I have another appointment right after work so I can't go again. Hopefully I will be able to pick her up on Thursday. Sophia - my Janome 6600 - needs to come home so that I can work on a square or two this weekend so I can celebrate National Quilting Day. I left early to go to my nephew, Ethan's birthday. I gave Ethan his quilt and he loved it...he hugged his quilt he was so excited. The only problem is that I didn't get a picture of him with his quilt...at 3 if he doesn't want his picture taken you don't get to take it. Sorry!

Monday - I brought in treats for people at work and boy did everyone enjoy themselves. I made taco dip and it went really quickly.

7 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Wow...what a great birthday! Glad you had a wonderful time and you sure have been busy. Hope you have many more great ones....

Michelle said...

What fun! Happy Belated birthday!

Gina said...

Glad you had a great birthday

love and hugs xx

Moneik said...

What a great birthday! You'll really be shopping with all those gift cards. The 40 fat quarters was a really cute idea for a gift. I'll have to remember that!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

Happy late birthday.I believe you had a very happy bday.WE always like fabric for any reason.

Connie said...

You are so busy! But it sure sounds like a lot of fun!