Saturday, February 23, 2008

Update on Ouch!

I saw the Doctor on Thursday and she said that I was doing everything right for my back...for the first 48 hours I iced my back and then I used heat. I also took Naproxen Sodium for mucsle soreness...the pain slowly went up my back to my shoulders and neck. The whole time I tried to rest my back but still try to do things otherwise I would have stiffened up. I'm still a little sore esp. when I do a bunch of stuff...like today I did a bunch of running. I went to Weight Watchers right after I dropped Mark off at work. Then I went to the bank, followed by going to Wal-Mart, then the vet and Walgreens. I did stop for lunch and read a book that I bought at Wal-Mart. I bought 7th Heaven by James Patterson and Maxine Something...unsure of her last name. Anyways I really enjoyed that. I have read the series of the books and this is the most recent one...The books have been made into the TV series The Women's Murder Club or something like that. I only watched it once or twice. The characters in the book and on the show just don't match what I think they would look like and at times act.

At WW I was surprised that I lost a little weight. I haven't been there for several weeks. After seeing the Doctor I have to lose weight...I may have sleep apnea and I have to go for a sleep study. I know this is a normal procedure and I just have to contact my insurance company to find out where I can go. I am hoping I can go in the next couple of weeks. From my understanding I am probably not getting REM sleep because I am up so many times during the evening. I have to increase my Vitamin D intake (most people in Wisconsin don't have enough Vitamin D in the winter according to two of my doctors). I also need to take more Calcium in as I am Lactose Intolerant.

Well I am hoping I can work in the quilt room tomorrow. I want to finish two table runners for Easter...one for me and one for my sister-in-law, Terry. First I have to do some cleaning and wash some clothes. I am also hoping that Best Buy has a Digital Camera that I want to use my Christmas gift cards on.

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love James Patterson. I have really stuck with the Cross series he's written. They did one movie of it, and Morgan Freeman played him, I think. I like Freeman too. Glad to hear you are doing all that you are suppose to do for your back. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this. Hang in there....
Regina in MI

Moneik said...

Glad to hear your back is doing better. Have fun sewing.