Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Storm

Wow...it's still snowing! Where I work sent us home at noon today due to inclement weather! The roads are icky and when I came home I ate lunch and then took a nap. When I got up I called Jen and talked to her...YEAH Kristie received her quilt.

I was sooo excited that she received it...Jen did a lot of work on the quilt...she did all the piecing of the blocks together, quilting and making the label. Cindy was wonderful and did the binding. IT is a beautiful quilt and I am glad that I was included in this team project but wow how hard is it to keep a secret from a quilt blog buddy.

I still haven't taken my Christmas tree down and Mark thinks that witht he poor weather I should take it down...I just don't feel like it. I teased Jen and said maybe I will keep it up until next Christmas. I am hoping to do this Saturday! I also need to hopefully go out and get my digital camera so I can take of my Works in Progress and maybe my quilting room so that I will get started on that. There is talk of an intervention (LOL)...my friends know me too well and I just haven't had the initiative to start cleaning. Ohh well at least I can own up to my faults.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh Maureen, I love my quilt! I just can't tell you all how I feel about the quilt and you wonderful people that made it for me. I love you all.

Maureen, honey, I think I would just leave the Christmas Tree up until next year!! Or maybe you could just decorate it for different holidays like, Valentine's Day, Easter, etc... :)
Kristie

Michelle said...

Don't beat yourself up! This weather is enough to keep any of us down with our energy levels, and I can tell you, when you get older, (I got 10 years on you honey) it doesn't get any better!

We got 14 inches of snow today in Maquoketa. That is the most I have ever seen at once. I just hope the spring tornado season doesn't follow suit with frequency of episodes!
Michelle

Moneik said...

Sometimes it takes divine intervention to get our spaces organized. Good luck with it. Maybe I should do that this weekend too.

Cindy said...

Throw some valentines on the tree and call it quits. This time of year is enough to drag anyone down. Don't beat yourself up over it.

swooze said...

Ppssssssstttt....my tree is still up too....maybe we should check in with each other when we get ours down....

Jen said...

When i lived at home we had shamrocks one year...