Monday, February 18, 2008

The Ouch Continues

Well I stayed home from work today because I just could not get out of bed this morning my back hurt so much. You would think I landed on my tailbone so that would hurt more but no...it's my back. I have been iceing my back and it helps with the pain. Sitting is my problem. If I can lay down on my side and rest my back I am okay for an hour or two. So that said tomorrow will be horrible! I have to go to work...I just can't miss another day. I have missed a few already this year and well I just hate to miss this much work.

I know when I can't sit or stand up to get dressed ... well I should stay home (just like when I get migraines) but I still feel guilty. I think I over did it yesterday. I got up and made blueberry pancakes with bacon...yum. Before we could do that we had to do dishes so Mark washed and I dried (OUCH!!!). I did recline and look at some blogs yesterday...not with it enough to post comments...also I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday with my family talking to my Mom and my sister-in-law Terry!

Finally I made a really yummy dinner...Lasagna (homemade-not homemade noodles). Anyways that took some standing time so by about 9:00 - 9:30 PM my back was killing me so I sent to bed. Boy a Temperpedic bed sounds wonderful right about now!

So needless to say I have slept most of today and laid on the couch. I commented on Jen's blog and was having trouble posting on Jill's blog and well guess what I am yawning right now. Time to take a little nap! Tonight I think it will be fish and fries for dinner...Mark can make them in the oven.

Happy President's Day!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Sorry that your back is so sore. I was feeling guilty about not going to work two days last week and then I thought the heck with it no more guilt. Besides one can't go when your world is spinning all the time, it makes driving hard. Cuddle up with Emma and all will be well with the world.

Jen said...

OUch is right. Take care and feel better soon!!

Kristie said...

I sure hope you start feeling better. I really hate that you are in so much pain. I wouldn't worry about missing work, just concentrate on getting better.
Kristie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I hope you get to feeling better very soon. Stay down and rest as much as you can.
Regina in MI

Hazel said...

Sure hope you feel better' work can wait get your self well first .

Moneik said...

Sure hope you are feeling better soon. Good luck with your recovery.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I hope that you are feeling better really soon.