Friday, February 15, 2008

Ouch!

This morning I dropped Mark off at work and decided to fuel up the truck...we were close to the Low Fuel light coming on and in fact when I put it in park the Low Fuel light came on...so far so good. I paid at the pump and started fueling....well I was getting into the truck to put my credit card away and that's when it happened...I ended up with one foot in the truck and the rest of me under the truck...I slipped on a piece of ice. As I laid there I said Ouch!...not loudly, the lady at the next pump had just gotten out of her car and she asked if I was okay. Well other than smelling like gasoline, at that moment my tailbone hurt and my pride was hurt...how did this happen. Ohh well, I decide to go and tell them in the gas station that I had fallen and that they should put something down. They lady said to me that they had just been plowed again and I told her it was ice....she said that they would go outside and put something down.

Now my back and bottom and foot, etc are really bothering me. I am taking Tylenol since I am sore all over. I am such a clutz at times...I wish there wsas something I could do. I am guessing I tensed up when I fell so I am sore all over.

I am also feeling bad about my weight. I need to lose weight badly...I have a lot to lose and no matter what I do I can not get motivated. I had a doctor talk to me about the lap band and I am wondering if the doctor is right...maybe I can't do this myself...maybe I need to do something extreme like have surgery...I don't know I did lose 30 lbs through WW but I love food...I am sooo confused.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Maureen. I hope your sore muscles, etc calm down soon. I know that losing weight is a battle. That is a battle I have had all my life. Sometimes, you just get so tired of thinking about it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a great weekend!
Michelle

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I hope you feel better soon. I too need to lose some weight, and have no motivation to do it. Maybe we should challenge each other with fabric...winner (or loser) takes all....LOL
Hang in there....
Regina in MI

Cindy said...

OUCH I'm so sorry to hear thatyou hurt yourself. Let's face it at times we're all clumsey so you're not alone. Plus you're not alone when it comes to loosing weight. No matter what I do it won't come off. Part of my problem is I don't like to exercise and that seems to be the key these days. Hang in there maybe we can help each other out.

Kristie said...

You poor thing! You sound so down! I hate that you fell, I hope it's nothing serious!

As far as the weight goes. I so need to loose weight! I have been small all of my life until this thyroid thing hit me, now I feel like a beached whale! I have gone from 100lbs up to 170lbs in less than 2 years. I am only 5ft tall so the weight really shows on me. There are times that I get so depressed and cry. But hey, I guess it's just life and things could always be worse. But I am very paranoid about my weight, that is one reason, that I don't post photos of myself. Hang in there, we are all here for you.
Kristie

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Sorry to hear about your fall! I hope that you are feeling better!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Ouch! I hope that you get to feeling better soon. We all have our clumsy moments.. I took a fall on xmas eve and hurt myself.. Take it easy.

Heather

Jen said...

I'm so sorry about your fall. It sounds awful and not a bit funny. I really think we should consider going to meetings on a weeknight all together. Saftey in numbers! Or, perhaps we could create a chat room online and have weekly meetings of our own??

Three Birds Inspired said...

Hope you are starting to feel better, Maureen. It always seems to hurt more a couple of days later so take it easy.

Moneik said...

Hope you get to feeling better. I know how hard the weightloss thing is to do. I've been trying since Sept. and I'm only down 6 pounds.