Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wow it's been awhile

So I have been working on the kitchen project. My mom came over and helped me rip down the wallpaper that was in our kitchen....there were many problems and many types of walls underneath the wallpaper such as mud (for drywall), drywall, primed but not painted walls, unprimed walls, you name it I think we had it except for plaster. Since that first day my mom, dad and I sanded the walls and washed the walls. Mark and I put this product called Gardz up to protect the drywall (it's for porous surfaces). Next came priming and painting. We painted all the walls a color called Capri Coast...it's a cream color similar to the color of sand on the Capri Coast...hence the name.

I have also gone to a quilt retreat at Jen's house which was a lot of fun! I loved the panel she gave all of the attendees!!!! She made wonderful chili and stuffed green pepper soup. There were also a ton of treats. I think the companionship was the most fun!

I also had a Lia Sophia jewelry party at our house. It was nice...my mom made these delicious banana bars. She is so wonderful...she came over and helped me clean.

Emma went to the groomer before the party and was given a English Springer Spaniel cut with her ear hair cut shorter so her ears would not hang in the water.

Anyways, I finished the top for the block of the month except for the piping and borders...I can't wait to get that done and I can't wait to get it quilted. I also worked on a Take 5 quilt which was fun...I did not have enough fabric to finish the border but the quilt shop sent me some so I can hopefully finish that part of the top this weekend.



Well there is so much more that has happened but I am getting tired and will write more in the days to come. I also have to figure out how to post some of the pictures that Jen sent me that she took of the Quilt Retreat at her home.

Take care and happy quilting.

6 comments:

Moneik said...

Welcome back Maureen! We've missed hearing about your adventures. I can tell your kitchen project took a lot of time. We are replacing doors in the house this weekend, but we've been doing floors all summer, so the house is a disaster zone most weekends.

Cindy said...

YIPPPPPEEEEEE you're back in blog world. Another good time was had tonight at our thread lecture. I can testify that the kitchen turned out great and Emma's haircut is really cute.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Glad you are back! Home improvement projects can be such a headache! It makes you wonder what people before you in the house were thinking! :)

Your Take 5 is gorgeous!

butrfly2200 said...

nice quilt. Sounds like you had a hard time with your house. Hopefully the worse is over and done. Happy quilting
:)Carol

Kristie said...

I've missed you! Glad you got your kitchen done. I hate getting in a mess like that. Love your new quilt top. Very pretty.
Kristie

Jen said...

I think your kitchen turned out awesome! I miss you posting!!