Sunday, November 25, 2007

My MIL Quilt

I didn't post that I gave my mother-in-law her quilt for her birthday recently. She loved it...in fact she had tears in her eyes. She says she has been using it at home. I am soooo happy that she liked it and is using it. I didn't realize that the border fabric for the quilt is similar to a border she almost put up in her kitchenette. I still have to put a label on it. I am really bad about labeling quilts. In fact becasue I don't label most of my quilts it is difficult to truly determine when I started quilting. Ohhh well.

I also didn't post that I put together my Friday night Block of the Month quilt. I finished the last block and the top at Jen's Retreat at her home which was a lot of fun.

I also started a Take Five quilt top but the kit that I had didn't have enough border fabric. The store sent me some fabric and I still have to put the final top and border on. I can't wait to get that quilt top layered and quilted. I have been soooo cold and winter is barely here...boy am I in trouble if I am cold now. I think part of the problem is that my inserts for my shoes are in but I can't get them until Wednesday. The inserts are because I have planters facitis. Until I can pick them up I am taking anti-inflamatories and icing my feet. Okay when you are cold and you have to put ice on your feet...boy do you get cold. I hope this gets better quickly. I guess my arches are starting to fall because of the planters facitis.

Dinner was good...I love to make Lasagna and I know my parents really enjoy it...Mark's parents liked it as did Mark. He asked for a home cooked dinner for his birthday so I decided on Lasagna, garlic bread, salad and a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream for dinner. Well I hope Mark and I get back to watching the movie we were watching (The Hunt For Red October - he asked my parents for the DVD for his birthday.) As we were watching the movie, a phone call came in which Mark had to take so I decided to post on the blog....

I'm still looking for ideas for Christmas presents....please....

5 comments:

Moneik said...

So glad to hear your MIL loved her quilt.

Kristie said...

Doesn't it make you feel good when you can honestly tell that they like your quilt. So glad that she liked it.
Kristie

Michelle said...

I'm so happy your MIL liked her quilt.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I'm also glad that your MIL loved her quilt! I know what you mean about the ice on the feet. If my feet are cold, the rest of me will be, too! I hope that you were able to get your inserts today!

Jen said...

I'm glad that she liked it and is using it. Otherwise we would have had to have an intervention.