Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving shopping & Quilting

Now I wish I could tell you that the borders are on the Winter Quilt in the previous posting but well they are not. I had thought I would put up our Christmas tree and quilt the day after Thanksgiving but again I did not. I didn't even make anything to take to Thanksgiving.

Thursday started out lazy for me...I slept in which was good because I didn't realize the next day I would not be sleeping in. First we went to my brother's home and had a traditional turkey dinner. Afterwards we went to my brother-in-law's home and there we had a ham dinner. Both were lovely meals spent with family...nice. Mark and I had looked at the newspaper for special deals in the paper and well we couldn't decide if we were going to go out on Black Friday. I woke up at 3:45 AM and could not fall back asleep. We went to Circuit CIty and spent 38 minutes waiting to get inside the builidng. After we couldn't feel our feet we decided that was long enough and we had only moved a short ways. On our way home we passed Best Buy and decided to stop in and take a look as there was no line. We walked right in. Wow is all I can say. I do not think I will ever go out on Black Friday again...what was I thinking.

Several people have been blogging about making Christmas gifts. I thought about it but well I can't come up with anything and well I just can't stand the mess in my quilting room. I wish I could get motivated to make the various Christmas presents I have on my list including finishing my own Christmas tree skirt. Ohh well I guess I have about 30 days or less to figure that out.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I think for christmas this year we should go to Maureens and attack her sewing room and then make fun sewing room things to make it homey.

Well Maureen, What do you think about that?????

Michelle said...

I think Jen had a good idea! Wish I was closer. We could just barge in, strap you to a chair and take over until you were screaming to get out and have fun with us!

Sounds like you are in a slump, Maureen. Did you see the full moon? Sometimes, I know, with me anyway, when I can't get motivated, I just force myself to begin, and then I have so much fun. It is just getting started that is hard sometimes. I have not left my house much this weekend, and I am getting so much done. It feels good, and when I go to work tomorrow, I can feel like I had a great weekend!

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving and stayed busy. Black Friday night shopping is a lot more fun!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I am so glad that I stayed in on Black Friday! It was great sleeping in! I am making purses for a few people for Christmas. And maybe some table runners. And the I Spy - but I just have to quilt and bind that. That may be the toughest part though! :)