Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update on Rosemont!

Sorry I haven't written before now about Rosemont but I have been pretty sick. In fact I was sick while in Rosemont! I have Viral Bronchitis. I have been coughing for the last eight and a half weeks. While I was in Rosemont, my viral bronchitis came back like it was back at the beginning. This cough has been horrible! I am trying to rest, drink lots of fluids and take musinex.

On Thursday, I woke up at 4:30 AM and left to meet my friends in Silver Lake, WI and then we went to Rosemont for our first class. We took a quilting class with Linda Fiedler. It was okay. I already knew a lot of the information that was presented but it is still good to get another person's view of quilting...also it's practice, practice, practice. I enjoyed spending time with my friends and seeing them learn more. I did pick up one or two tips such as pulling the bobbin thread up to the top at the end of the line of quilting. She also went over pulling the thread up at the beginning...something I have done but sometimes not. We practiced e's, stippling, meandering, wavy crosshatching (which was pretty neat), etc. It was a whole day class and it was fun to spend time with my friends.

Friday we took a mystery quilt with Debbie Caffrey. It was fun. I like the way it is turning out. Once I figure how to download the pictures from my camera, I will take a picture of the block I finished. We used Baby Lock Espires. They were really nice machines. Only thing was I didn't have a good scant 1/4" so the pieces were wider so I have to go and resew all the seams with my home machine. I am sure with this the viral bronchitis I wasn't as careful as I should have been.

Saturday we took "The Bag Lady" lecture. We went station to station and learned about all the purses and how to make them. It was fun. We also went to see John Flynn for a lecture and luncheon. It was interesting ... I really was impressed with his hand quilting. WOW is all I can say. I would love to be able to hand quilt that beautifully! Later that evening we went to Meet the Teachers where you go from teacher to teacher and learn about their topic. You can't meet all the teachers due to time constraints but we saw quite a few and learned a lot. That night we celebrate my friend Kathy's birthday. We had a really good time except I got really exhausted. I did go back to our room between the luncheon and Meet the Teachers Sampler. It took a while with all the coughing to sleep but I finally slept!

Sunday I finally went shopping ... I bought a yard of fabric and I had bought a book and pattern from Debbie Caffrey. I guess with as tired and sick as I was ... I really didn't get a chance to shop as much as I would have liked to. We also went through and looked at all the quilts... there were so many beautiful ones. In fact, we talked with the person who won the Viewer's Choice. She was such a nice lady and her quilt was very pretty.




Your Slogan Should Be



Maureen. Uncommonly Made, Uncommonly Good.



What an intersting slogan...What do you think?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had fun. Sorry about your brochitis. Are you sure you don't have allergies from something in your house that is not agreeing with you?

Cindy said...

It sure sounds like it was a great time and I'm glad you went and enjoyed yourself. Hang in there spring is finally sprung around here and things will get better, I promise.

Moneik said...

So glad to hear you had a good time. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Connie said...

I was at Rosemont on Sat.--had fun looking at all the vendors. One of these days I'm going to take a class or two! Sounds like you have the virus I had a couple months ago--I let mine go too long before seeing the doc. Hope you feel better soon!