Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Yesterday I had seven of my friends come over and sew with me at my house and I had such a good time. I decided to cook for them so I made Chicken Salad, a pasta salad and taffy apple salad. Some people brought candy, others brought snacks and yet others brought dessert...you get the picture - lots of food and quilting.

I started off by making this really cute wall hanging for my Mom's cubicle at work. I should say the piece was all put together...I bought it at Scrapfest so all I had to do was put a backing and batting with it and quilt it. Wow - she will love it for work.
I also put the binding on my Mom's birthday quilt - queen size and now it's time to hand sew the binding down. I also made up two backings for two other quilts so they should be ready to go. I'm just trying to get it all done and quilted right now. So much to quilt, so little time.
Happy 4th of July!


1 comment:

Cindy said...

I had such a great time at your house sewing that day. I know the feeling so much to quilt and so little time. I've been doing projects like crazy since that day it must have been the inspiration of everyone else quilting that brought it on.