Monday, February 9, 2009

WQI Meeting

I went to the Winter meeting of WQI (Wisconsin Quilters Inc.) and they had Nancy Prince speak about thread painting in the morning and then Maxine Rosenthal and Joy Pelzmann speak about one block wonders in the afternoon.

I found Nancy Prince's very inspirational! Her work is beautiful and I found myself purchasing her thread painting book so I could learn more about it! I have done thread painting before but I learned more about it that was helpful. I started to read the book today at lunch and well I have learned more already. Maxine and Joy were very entertaining. They brought quite a few quilts and it was interesting how they cut the fabric up and put it together in a Kaleidoscope or cube shape.

They also had a UFO Challenge and they showed pieces that were completed that had been started at a previous WQI meeting where they took a workshop. Some of the items were stunning.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Kristie

Cindy said...

Wow it sure sounds like you learned alot. I'm glad you had a great time.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You ever gonna post again? We've been missin' ya!