Sunday, August 2, 2009

WQI Meeting in Madison

Yesterday I went to Madison, WI to the WQI Meeting. WQI is our state quilt guild. It is a great group of women & men. We had two lecturers Louisa Smith and Mary Stori. Both were awesome.

Louisa Smith talked about her One Patch Plus book. What an interesting concept! She has three steps to this process. One is Color - she starts with a color/quilt source. Two is the design - the quilt top and three is the theme which is embellishing for her. She uses four different types of design. They are not your normal shapes...they are kites, curved kites, curved diamond and half clam shells.

Mary Stori talked about Penny Rugs. I learned a lot about them and how to make them but unfortunately I am allergic to wool so not something I will be making but I can use some of the concepts.

I showed two of my mom's quilts at the show and tell. One was the quilt I gave her at Christmas and the other is a block of the month I finished, had quilted at Patched Works (it is so great the way it turned out!) and hand stitched the binding finishing the binding late Friday night.

I also went to Mill House Quilts in Waunakee. I had never been there but it is a great store. I really liked it and ended up buying some Christmas fabric! I can't wait to decide what to do with it.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: